Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Dental Tips


Hi everyone! Missing a week of ECHO blogging left me lonely...I missed you all! This past week I went through an interesting dental experience that I thought could apply to all of you. How crazy expensive is the dentist? I mean, seriously. It can be very overwhelming. Did you know there is A LOT of preventive care that you can do at home to help minimize your risk of cavities, root canals, gum disease (and spending tons of money!). I thought today I would put together a list of at-home tips to care for your precious teeth and keep the cash in your wallet.

1. FLOSS - Probably the cheapest and most effective way to save a trip to the dentist. DollarTree has multipacks for a dollar or less. Flossing (even if you only do it 3x per week) can save you money. One way to think about it is making a small investment of a couple of dollars and a couple of minutes each week can save literally hundreds of dollars in fillings down the line. My dentist was telling me that she keeps her floss by her remote and flosses every time she watches tv!!! I LOVE that! C'mon guys, that's a great tip.

2. FOOD - Here are just a few foods that you can eat to literally improve your teeth as you chew: cheese (anything with calcium), celery, onions, sweet potatoes, and raisins! For more info check this out, 10 Best Foods For Oral Health. The more raw fruits and veggies the better!

3. OIL PULLING - more info on this ridiculous money saving tip tomorrow :) If you're in a rush to learn about it,

4. TONGUE SCRAPING - The tongue collects bateria and toxins. If you simply scrape your tongue with your toothbrush first thing in the morning or at all during the day, you will decrease bacteria build up in your mouth.

5. WATER - I find myself always including water as a tip, but it is pretty amazing. Mouthwash is great, especially the brand ACT which contains fluoride to work against cavities! BUT if you are in a situation where you cannot afford mouthwash, swishing your mouth with water will help remove a lot of bacteria/plaque and keep your teeth strong!


Do you guys have any other money saving teeth tips? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment