Thursday, September 25, 2014

Clothes, Bargains, and Carpools...Oh My!

We all know fall is the season for change. It's time to get back to school,  the days are getting cooler, the leaves are turning colors...it seems for me life continues to change during this fall period. I apologize for missing our routine blog posts this week. We all seem to be facing lots of change in our lives and as a result some things slip. I do not intend to let you guys down, so lets continue the back to school tips!

Today I wanted to talk about back to school clothing options and a few other shortcuts to help save some money this season!

1. I love Salvation Army. The downtown location (1200 West Fort Street) has daily 50% off sales and sometimes special sales to keep an eye out for. Sometimes I just call and ask for the upcoming sale events because who doesn't love a bargain? (313-309-3372)

2. Salvation Army has other locations that I'm sure you already know about. Just in case: 

7640 Michigan Ave
(313) 849-4177


5600 E 8 Mile Rd
(313) 891-6644

3. Every day, many Detroit kids take the public bus to school. Detroit public transportation 
(as well all know) is super unreliable. One way to help your kids education and to get them 
to school on time is to start a neighborhood carpool. Gather some parents or friends of your 
kids and rotate on a daily or weekly basis. Your kids will be more likely to be on time, excited
to wake up and travel with friends, and you will benefit from the peace knowing their getting
their education one day at a time!


No comments:

Post a Comment