Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Afraid to Start?

Do you feel like you have so much to do that you don't know where to begin?
Are you overwhelmed with a daunting task and don't know where to start?

First things first, you are not alone. Everyone feels this way at one point or another. What helps me here at ECHO is to break the project or task down into little tiny bits and start with the task that I'm most excited about FIRST. This way I am getting something down and starting - which can be the hardest part! Another way to go is to start with the simplest task first. Maybe to start you need to send an email or make a phone call.

Another tip to help yourself begin your task is to set a timer! Sometimes I give myself even 5 minutes on my cell phone alarm clock and I find the ticking clock is a great motivator.

What do you do in these scenarios? Let us know if the comments below!


DIVE IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment