Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Story Time!

I thought I would share some personal inspiration today (hope that's alright with all of you!) Since January is all about goal setting and new beginnings, I thought I would take some time to share one of my goals from 2014. 

I love to read, but I always found myself making excuses - my life is too hectic, work is too stressful, etc etc and reading always got pushed to the back burner. For me, reading is more than just filling time, it's a way of loving myself. Giving myself permission to sit in silence, grab a cup of tea, and treat myself to some relaxation. This time last year I decided to prioritize myself and finding moments to do what I love: read. I set a pretty high goal (50 books!) which was challenging and totally fun. 

Today I thought I would share with you my book list. Notice anything?


I'm 3 books shy of 50! At first I really best myself up about not completing my goal in time for the new year, but I caught myself. Look how much I accomplished! I prioritized my hobby and myself and I read 47 books in 2014 which is pretty amazing! 

It's all in the way you think about things. YOU choose to look at your life or goals and a failure or as a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment