Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Food-spiration!


Normally Wednesdays are for inspiring stories, motivational people, and happy things. However, this week we seem to have an overflow of community events coming up. SO, I pulled a few that I thought were most inspiring (and related to our topic of health!)

Guys, Detroit may be considered a "food desert" but Dearborn is not. Have any of you been to the markets out there? Find a way to carpool with your block and stop at these markets: (we promise you won't regret it!)

Papaya Food Market: 16322 W Warren Ave, Dearborn, MI 48212
 
Westborn Market: 21755 Michigan Ave, Dearborn, MI 48124
 
Greenland Market: 12715 W Warren Ave, Dearborn, MI 48126

Remember how we talked about eating more "real" food yesterday? At these markets you can get fresh vegetables and fruits for CHEAPER THAN YOU'VE EVEN SEEN IN YOUR LIFE. I solemnly promise that. I'm so serious about this that if any of you go, I expect an honest run down of how much money you spent vs. how much incredible produce you walked away with.

Here's a list of what I got with a picture of my groceries. (Clearly I was excited about this and needed to share it with you all!)

8 avocados
2 heads of broccoli
2 heads of cauliflower
2 bunches of parsley
2 bunches of cilantro
6 peppers
12 vine ripe tomatoes
2 bags of spinach
10 lemons
3 bags of pita (fresh baked!)
1 bag of grapefruit (my favorite!)
olive oil
3 bunches of bananas
2 bags of apples
5 boxes of strawberries (all for $30!)


No comments:

Post a Comment